The Indian e-Visa or Electronic Visa (eTV) is an online travel authorisation. It is a double entry visa for the e-Tourist and e-Business and triple entry for the e-Medical along with a validity period of 60 consecutive days.
International applicants may apply for an e-Visa for India maximum 2 times per year, issued by the Indian Government under the following 3 categories:-
Indian e-Tourist Visa
- The Indian e-Tourist visa is an online travel authorisation (eTV) for tourism.
- It is issued for recreational visits, for meeting with Friends / relatives or Sightseeing for short time duration.
- It is for double entry visa with maximum of 60 days.
Indian e-Business Visa
- The Indian e-Business visa is valid for double entry and the maximum validity is of 60 days.
- It is issued for attending business meetings or trade or to set up Industrial / business venture.
- It can also be issued to deliver lectures under Global Initiative for Academic Networks (GIAN).
- For recruitment purpose or to conduct tours (as a tour guide).
- Can be issued to an expert or specialist in connection with an on-going project.
Indian e-Medical Visa
- The Indian e-Medical Visa allows the applicant to enter the country 3 times in a year.
- This e-Visa is for short term and granted for Medical treatment purpose only.
- Traveller need to show proof for medical / diagnosis history issued by Indian Hospital to apply for the same.
Please make sure to check Eligible Countries before applying for Indian e-Visa.
The document requirements for the online submission of visa application form are as follows:
- Digital Photograph
- Scanned copy of the Passport
You will need some other documents for applying e-Business or e-Medical visa.