India e-Visa is a type of electronic visa, which you can apply online through a legal Government visa website. An e-Visa is just not an immigration pass, but it a pre-entry permission to travel India issued to foreigner travellers by Immigration Department of India through electronic system.
To apply for eVisa :- You need to complete the online application by filling your details as per your passport, In most of the cases, your e-Visa will be approved within 2 to 4 working days. That means that you can apply for a e-Visa, before your upcoming trip.
Types Indian Visa Services are mentioned below :-
- The Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) facilite, citizens of over 40 eligible countries on 27 November 2014 with Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA), including those who are eligible for “Visa On Arrival”. This list was again expanded to 113 countries.
- Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) facilitate tourists / travellers who are willing to visit their friends and family for short duration, medical treatment and business visits. The scheme was renamed to e-Tourist Visa (eTV) on 15 April 2015.
- On 1 April 2017, the scheme offer more than 162 countries travellers to visit India with e-Visa services, the process is simple and easy to follow by applying online under three subcategories mentioned below:-
- India e-Tourist Visa
- India e-Business Visa
- India e-Medical Visa.
Guidelines need to follow for e-visa as given :-
- An online application for e-Visa must be applied at least four calendar days in advance of the date of arrival and can be made it earlier around 120 days in advance.
- The visa is only valid for the period of 60 calendar days from the date of arrival, you can obtained it twice in a calendar year.
- Double entry is permitted on India e-Tourist Visa and India e-Business Visa. Triple entry is permitted on India e-Medical Visa.
- You cannot extended the duration of stay.
- The e-Visa fees is divided into four slabs of :-
Please check Visa Fee section for complete details.