The government of India has made significant milestones to increase the number of travelers visiting India. In the year 2019 over 165 countries that can access the e-visa, from the 43 countries that were eligible when it was first launched in 2014 is a major step towards promoting tourism. In this post, we share with you what is an Indian e-visa and the different categories of e-visa that you can apply. Read on to get deeper insights.
What is Indian e-Visa?
The Indian e-Visa or Electronic Visa (eTV) is an online travel authorization. It is a multiple entries visa for the e-Tourist and e-Business with a validity period of 365 days and triple entry for the e-Medical and e-Medical Attendant along with a validity period of 60 consecutive days and a single entry for e-Conference with the validity of 30 days.
International applicants may apply for an e-Visa for India maximum 2 times per year, issued by the Indian Government under the following 5 categories:-
Indian e-Tourist Visa
- The Indian e-Tourist visa is an online travel authorisation (eTV) for tourism.
- It is issued for recreational visits, for meeting with Friends / relatives or Sightseeing for short time duration.
- It is for double & multiple entries visa with visa validity of One Month to 60 months....
- Indian 05 years e-Tourist Visa / Indian 05 years ( 60 months ) e-TV
- Indian 1 years e-Tourist Visa / Indian 1 years ( 12 months ) e-TV
- Indian 30 days e-Tourist Visa ( One Month Visa ) e-TV
Indian e-Business Visa
- The Indian e-Business visa is valid for multiple entries and the validity is of 365 days.
- It is issued for attending business meetings or trade or to set up Industrial / business venture.
- It can also be issued to deliver lectures under Global Initiative for Academic Networks (GIAN).
- For recruitment purpose or to conduct tours (as a tour guide).
- Can be issued to an expert or specialist in connection with an on-going project.
Indian e-Medical Visa
- The Indian e-Medical Visa allows the applicant to enter the country 3 times in a year.
- This e-Visa is for short term and granted for Medical treatment purpose only.
- Traveller need to show proof for medical / diagnosis history issued by Indian Hospital to apply for the same.
Indian e-Conference Visa
- The Indian e-Conference visa is permitted single entry and stays days in India will be 30 days.
- It's workshops held in India to discuss a particular subject or for international seminars or conferences.
- The delegates should produce an invitation letter to the seminar/conference or workshop that has been organized by the NGOs/private institutions, government-owned institutions, UN, Specialized agencies, any Ministry or department of the Indian government or UT administrations
Indian e-Medical Attendant Visa
- This Indian e-medical attendant visa has the same validity as the Indian e-medical visa.
- The patient already has an e-medical visa that serves them alone and can be granted only to a maximum of two family members.
- It is an Indian Electronic Visa given to immediate relatives of patients visiting India to seek medical attention.
Please make sure to check Eligible Country for Indian Visa in 2021 before applying for Indian e-Visa.
The document requirements for the online submission of visa application form are as follows:
- Digital Photograph
You should submit a recent image of your photo that is colored. You will upload it as you fill the form. It is important that the size of your photograph matches with the recommended one. Otherwise, you may be unable to upload it.
- Scanned copy of the Passport
You should take a quality scan copy that clearly shows your details especially the name. The passport you scan should have at least a validity of six months and two blank pages. Without this, getting the e-visa may be problematic.
You will need some other documents for applying Indian e-Business Visa or Indian e-Medical Visa.
How to apply India eVisa?
Want to travel to India and apply online for India e-Visa? Getting an India visa is so easy in 2021. Before starting to apply for an online e-Visa. You have to know about Documents Required for India Visa. Here are following some steps to apply online:
Step to apply online India eVisa application form
- You have to click on the Indian Visa for apply eVisa, Then you will get some major steps. you have to enter your Email, Phone No. & select your Passport nationality. also, it's important to select the visa type according to the purpose of your trip and select Port of Arrival & Date of Arrival. And it should be sure that their information is correct. Select Processing time according to your time travel. Here are two types of processing time,
- Normal process within 3 to 5 days
- Urgent process within 1 to 3 days.
- Once you come to step 1 of this form, a temporary application ID will come up. you NEED to save this. It’s very important. you can complete your application later from “Complete Partially Filled Application”. In step one, you have to fill your personal details and need to fill out the passport details. Click save and continue for the next step:
- Complete step 2 with your address (click the box if your permanent address the same as your present address), Occupation details, etc until it’s finished. After completed Click save and continue for the next step:
- In step 3 you have to fill your father and mother details. Click save and continue and go to step 4.
- You have to fill Place to be Visited, say the place in India where you are interested in & select the Expected Port of Exit. If you have ever been to India before, select yes. Then you have to fill some details of the last Visited. In reference put your contact person in India. You can put a hotel contact details but should be accurate. Also a reference in your country your friend, family person anyone. fill all the necessary details. Click save and continue for the next step:
- Application Registration fifth page, you will be asked some questions in step 5. When you click preview and submit application, it takes you to the preview page to check “is everything correct?
- This is the last chance to make a change. If you want to make any changes, you can change it by clicking on the edit button. double-check then verify and submit the application.
- Next page upload applicant photo & passport, if you are applying for Indian e-Business Visa, India Medical e-Visa, India Conference e-Visa. then you need to provide some other documents (Documents Required for Indian e visa) along with the previously mentioned documents.
- Make payment for the successful submission of your online visa application. You can easily pay by a debit/credit card or Paypal account & we accept multi-currencies. Indian Visa fees are according to nationality and visa type.
- After making the payment you will get your e-Visa according to your application processing time. You will get your visa letter on the email provided in the visa application form. You have to get it printed and keep it with you while traveling.
Indiaevisa portal runs hassle-free on any device or browsers so you can access it from any part of the world. Also has a 24/7 customer service (Phone call, WhatsApp, online chatting, email) For any query, You can reach out to us at any time. we also have additional information like India News where you get information about the latest updates about traveling related topics, visa tips, and much more.