India is a diverse and culturally rich country that attracts millions of tourists every year. For Indonesian citizens planning to visit India, a valid visa is required. India offers eVisa facilities to citizens of 166 countries, including Indonesia.
The process of obtaining an Indian e-Visa for Indonesian citizens is straightforward and involves submitting the necessary documents and paying the required fee online, it simplifies the visa application process by eliminating the need to visit an Indian embassy or consulate. Once approved, the eVisa allows Indonesian travelers to enter India for a specified period and explore its diverse cultural heritage, natural beauty, and historical landmarks.
eVisa Made Easy: A Stress-Free Journey from Indonesia to India
Planning a trip from Indonesia to India? Good news! The eVisa process has made it easier than ever. Here's what you need to know:
- Simple Application: Applying for an eVisa is a breeze. Just complete the online form, upload the required documents, and pay the fees.
- Convenience: No need to visit the embassy or consulate in person. Everything can be done online from the comfort of your home.
- Quick Approval: Once submitted, your eVisa application is processed promptly. Approvals are typically received within a few days.
- Passport Linking: Once approved, your eVisa is electronically linked to your passport. No need for stamps.
- Hassle-Free Entry: Upon arrival in India, present your passport and eVisa at the immigration checkpoint for a smooth entry.
- Validity and Duration: The eVisa allows for multiple entries and is valid for tourism, business, or medical purposes. Check the duration of stay allowed for your specific visa category.
- Explore India: With your eVisa, you can now embark on a memorable journey to discover India's rich culture, stunning landscapes, and iconic landmarks.
Seeking an India eVisa as an Indonesian citizen? Follow this detailed step-by-step application guide.
Here's a detailed step-by-step application guide:
- Online Application: Visit the India eVisa website and find the online India visa application form.
- Select the appropriate eVisa category: Choose the category that suits your purpose of travel, such as tourist, business, or medical.
- Provide personal details: Fill in your personal information accurately, including your name, date of birth, passport details, and contact information.
- Review and submit: Double-check all the information provided and review the application before submitting it.
- Upload required documents: Scan and upload the necessary documents, including a digital copy of your passport's bio page and a recent passport-sized photograph.
- Pay the application fee: Use the secure online payment gateway to pay the required eVisa application fee. The fee varies based on the type of eVisa and duration of stay.
- Wait for Processing: After submission, your application will be processed by the Indian authorities. The processing time can vary, so check the website for updates.
- Receive your eVisa: After successful submission, you will receive a confirmation email with your application ID. The processing time for eVisa approval may vary, but it is usually processed within a few business days.
- Print and carry your eVisa: Once your eVisa is approved, download and print a copy of the eVisa. Carry it with your passport during your travel to India.
Indonesia to India: Meeting the Criteria for Obtaining an eVisa
To meet the criteria for obtaining an eVisa, ensure you have the following:
- A valid Indonesian passport with a minimum validity of six months from the intended date of arrival.
- Digital passport-sized photograph in required format.
- Have a sufficient funds to cover your stay in India.
- A valid email address for communication and receiving the eVisa approval.
- Specify the purpose of visit (tourism, business, conference, or medical) and provide supporting documents.
A Complete Guide: India eVisa Requirements for Indonesian Citizens
To successfully apply for an India eVisa as an Indonesian citizen, you need to meet certain requirements. Here is a summary of the key information:
- Valid Passport: Ensure your passport is valid for at least six months from your planned arrival in India.
- Recent Photograph: Upload a front-facing photograph with a plain white background, following the specified size and format guidelines.
- Invitation Letter: If applying for a business, medical, or conference visa, obtain an invitation letter from the inviting organization in India. It should clearly state the purpose, duration, and nature of your activities.
- Business Card: Provide a business card to validate your professional identity and purpose of travel for a business visa.
- Political and Event Clearance: For a conference visa, provide proof of political clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs and event clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Choosing the Right India eVisa Category: A Guide for Indonesian Travelers
India offers five types of eVisas to cater to different travel purposes. Here are the key categories to consider when applying for an India eVisa as an Indonesian traveler:
- Tourist eVisa: Ideal for leisure trips, sightseeing, visiting friends or relatives, and experiencing India's rich cultural heritage.
- Business eVisa: Designed for individuals attending business meetings, trade fairs, or exploring potential business opportunities in India.
- Medical eVisa: Intended for Indonesians seeking medical treatment, including specialized healthcare services, consultations, or surgeries in India.
- Conference eVisa: Suitable for attending conferences, seminars, workshops, or events organized by government bodies, organizations, or educational institutions.
- Medical Attendant eVisa: Applicable for Indonesian citizens accompanying a patient seeking medical treatment in India.
Costs and Timelines: India eVisa Fees and Processing Time for Indonesian Visitors
Here are the important details regarding the India visa fees and processing time for Indian eVisas for Indonesian citizens:
Here is the information about India eVisa fees and how to determine the exact fee:
- The fee for an Indian e-Visa depends on factors such as, processing time, nationality and the type of visa.
- To determine the actual fee, visit the website fee page provided.
- The fee tables and tools on the website will help calculate the precise amount based on individual circumstances.
There are two processing options available for Indian eVisas:
- Normal Processing: Takes 3-5 working days. Submit the eVisa application well in advance to account for any unforeseen delays.
- Urgent Processing: Available for an additional fee. Provides faster processing, with Indonesian travelers receiving their eVisa in 1-3 working days
India eVisa: Stay Period and Validity Details for Indonesian Travelers
- e-Tourist Visa (eTV): the validity of the visa can be for 30 days, 1 year, or 5 years from the date of approval. The duration of stay varies depending on the type of e-Tourist Visa:
- 30-day: Allows a stay of up to 30 days from the date of entry. Double entry is permitted within this period.
- 365-day: Allows a stay of up to 180 days in India. Multiple entries are allowed within this period.
- 5-Year: Allows a stay of up to 180 days in one calendar year. Multiple entries are allowed within this period.
- e-Business Visa: the validity is for 1 year from the date of issue. The duration of stay is up to 180 days from the first date of arrival in India, and multiple entries are permitted on this e-Visa
- e-Medical Visa: the validity is for 120 days from the issuing date. The duration of stay is up to a maximum of 60 days, and triple entries are allowed within this period.
- e-Medical Attendant Visa: the validity is for 120 days from the issuing date. The duration of stay similar to the duration mentioned in the accompanying e-Medical Visa, and triple entries are permitted within this period.
- e-Conference Visa: the validity is for 120 days from the issuing date. The duration of stay is up to 30 days from the date of entry, and a single entry is allowed within this period.
Adding Extra Days: Extending Your India eVisa for Indonesian Citizens Made Easy
If an Indonesian citizen visiting the India and want to extend their eVisa, the process has been made easy. Here are the key points to remember:
- Eligibility: Indonesian citizens holding an eVisa other than 30-days e-Tourist visa are eligible to apply for an extension.
- Application Procedure: To extend your eVisa, you need to visit the e-Visa website and fill out the extension application form.
- Supporting Documents: Prepare the necessary supporting documents, such as your passport, existing eVisa, proof of travel plans, and any additional documents requested by the Indian authorities.
- Payment: Pay the required fee for the visa extension online through the authorized payment methods.
- Processing Time: The processing time for the visa extension may vary, so it is advisable to apply well in advance of your current eVisa's expiration date.
- Status Updates: You can check the status of your visa extension application online on the eVisa portal.
- Validity Period: The validity period of the extended eVisa will depend on the discretion of the Indian authorities and the purpose of your visit.
- Additional requirements:Check your emails for any additional requirements after submitting your visa extension application. Respond promptly to any requests from the Indian authorities to avoid delays in processing.
Navigating Indian Cuisine: Must-Try Dishes for Indonesian Travelers with eVisa
Indian cuisine is a delightful blend of flavors, spices, and regional specialties that will tantalize the taste buds of Indonesian travelers visiting India with an eVisa. Here are some must-try dishes:
- Biryani: Fragrant basmati rice cooked with meat (such as chicken or mutton), spices, and herbs. It's a popular one-pot dish known for its rich and aromatic flavors.
- Butter Chicken: Succulent pieces of chicken cooked in a creamy tomato-based sauce with butter and spices. This dish is best enjoyed with naan bread or rice.
- Masala Dosa: A thin, crispy pancake made from fermented rice and lentil batter, typically filled with a spiced potato mixture. Served with chutney and sambar, it's a popular South Indian breakfast item.
- Chole Bhature: A combination of spicy chickpea curry (chole) and deep-fried bread (bhature). This dish is a favorite among North Indian food lovers.
- Paneer Tikka: Cubes of paneer (Indian cottage cheese) marinated in a mixture of spices and grilled to perfection. It's a popular vegetarian appetizer with a smoky and tangy flavor.
Gulab Jamun: Soft and syrup-soaked milk-based dumplings that are often enjoyed as a dessert. They have a melt-in-your-mouth texture and a sweet, indulgent taste.
1. How to apply for an India eVisa for Indonesian citizens
Indonesian citizens can apply for an India eVisa online by providing the required documents and paying the fees through the eVisa website.
2. What are the purposes for which Indonesian citizens can obtain an India eVisa?
Indonesian citizens can obtain an India eVisa for purposes such as tourism, business, and medical visits.
3. Are there any specific entry requirements for Indonesian citizens with an India eVisa?
Indonesian citizens with an India eVisa need to carry a printed copy of their eVisa approval along with their passport when traveling to India. They must present both documents at the immigration checkpoint upon arrival.
4. Can Indonesian citizens apply for an India eVisa while already in India?
No, Indonesian citizens cannot apply for an India eVisa while already in India. The eVisa application must be submitted prior to travel.
5. Are there any restrictions on the number of entries or the duration of stay with an India eVisa for Indonesian citizens?
The India eVisa for Indonesian citizens allows for multiple entries within the validity period, subject to the specific eVisa category. However, each visit should not exceed the maximum allowed stay duration specified for that eVisa category.
6. Can Indonesian citizens convert their eVisa into a different visa type while in India?
No, it is not possible to convert an eVisa into a different visa type while in India. Indonesian citizens must apply for the appropriate visa category from their home country or country of residence before traveling to India.
7. Are there any age restrictions for Indonesian children traveling with an India eVisa?
Children of all ages, including infants, require a valid individual eVisa to enter India. They need to have their own passport and separate eVisa application.
8. What should Indonesian travelers do if they lose their passport with a valid India eVisa while in India?
In the unfortunate event of passport loss, Indonesian travelers should immediately report it to the nearest police station and contact their country's embassy or consulate in India for assistance in obtaining a new passport.