The Government of India has introduced medical visa for foreign nationals across the world seeking specialty medical treatment in India for extended periods. International travelers who desire to go for treatment under the Indian system of Medicine or any other specialized medical treatment in reputed and recognized hospitals or treatment centers in India can apply for the Indian Medical e-Visa or Electronic Medical Visa through our online visa application system.
Are you eligible?
Indian e-Medical Visa online is available for Nationals of 166 countries around the world. The applicant can check the complete list of eligible countries.
The eligibility criteria for Indian e-Medical visa are -
- It should be clear that the initial medical guidance has already been made by the applicant in their own country and they are then recommended to pursue specialist treatment.
- The applicant must be seeking medical attention only in a recognized institution which specializes in the treatment of the condition.
- The following list of ailments (not an exhaustive list) would be of primary consideration: serious ailments like neurosurgery; ophthalmic disorders; heart-related problems; renal disorders; organ transplantation; congenital disorders; gene-therapy; radiotherapy; plastic surgery; joint replacement, etc.
- This visa is not applicable for surrogacy.
- Not more than two attendants (only blood relatives) are allowed to accompany the applicant under separate Medical attendant visas.
- Only the short-term Medical mission trips are permitted.
- It is non-convertible and non-extendable (except certain reasons).
- The validity of Indian e-Medical Visa will be 60 days from the arrival date in India.
- Indian e-Visa for Medical trips can be available for a maximum of 2 times a year.
- Triple entry is permitted for Indian Medical e-Visa.
Documents Required for Indian e-Medical Visa
The following are the Indian Medical Visa requirements -
- A clear and colored scanned copy of the Passport of the traveler in PDF, JPG or PNG format with not more than 3 MB of size.
- A letter on the letterhead of the Hospital in India that shows that the applicant has been advised to go for specialized medical treatment.
Indian e-Medical Visa Fees
You need to pay two types of fees for Indian Medical e-Visa, Indian Government e-Visa Fee and Visa Service Fee. The Service fee is charged for helping you to get e-Visa as rapid as possible. Government fee is charged by the policy of the Government of India.
Kindly Note: Both types of India e-Visa service fees are non-refundable as it is for the process of the application form.
The Indian e-Visa are valid for entry through 28 designated Airports and 5 designated seaports.