Acceptable visa photos
The Indian e-Visa photo must be recent and not less than six months old with all technical requirements (Guidelines). If your photo does not meet all requirements, it is likely to be rejected and delay the submission of your application, then you need a new photo. Please follow the given instructions carefully to meet all technical requirements for photo:-
- Size:- i) Minimum 700 KB
ii) Maximum 3 MB
- The photo must have dimensions between 900 x 1200 pixels wide and 2250 x 3000 pixels high (in a 3:4 aspect ratio)
- The expression on the face should look natural and photo print should be clear and with a continuous tone quality.
- It should have full face, front view, eyes open and without spectacles.
- The Photo should present full Centre head from top of hair to bottom of chin within frame.
- Background should be plain light colored or white background.
- There should not be any distracting shadows on the face or on the background.
- Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown.
- Without borders.
Your photo must be:
Be in portrait (not landscape)
Be of you (not a photo of a captured image or your travel document)
Have even lighting with minimal shadowing
Be in colour, showing natural skin tones
Be in focus (not blurry)
Not contain red-eye
Be an original photo (not changed by photo-editing software)
Not be a selfie
Be taken 1.5 metres from the face
Be taken against a plain, light-coloured (but not white) background with no patterns or objects
Only contain plain clothing patterns
Be of one person
If you wear a head covering:
You may wear a head covering for religious or medical reasons. Make sure that your face and hairline can be seen clearly in the photo.