Vide MHA O.M. No. 25022/24/2020-F.V/F.I Dated 05.05.2020.
Regular Visa, e Visa or stay stipulation, of such foreign nationals whose visas have expired or would be expiring during the period from 01.02.2020 (Midnight) till the date on which prohibition on international air travel of passengers from India is lifted by the Government of India, would be extended on 'GRATIS' basis on submission of online application by the foreigners. Such extensions would be granted for a period up to 30 days from the date of lifting of prohibition on international air travel of passengers from India without levy of overstay penalty. Exit to such foreign nationals, if so requested by them, will also be granted on the same lines.
Visas of all foreign nationals already in India remain valid. In the backdrop of the outbreak of COVID-19, no foreigners are allowed to visit the FRRO Office for OCI/Registrations and other Visa related services without prior appointment till further orders. Please do the extension process visa website and mobile application.
How to Extend a Tourist Visa in india?
All foreign visitors can extend their visas through the FRRO/FRO services website / Mobile app. It is a completely online process and you don’t need to visit FRRO/FRO office unless you get a call from FRRO/FRO for some specific reason.
Document Required to extension for visa
To extension an Indian visa, You need to upload the required document. Please read the instructions carefully.
The applicant needs to upload Photo, Original valid Passport copy, and Visa Copy
1. Copy of Passport:
You have to upload a color scanned copy of the first biography page of the passport, which will contain all the personal details and photos of the applicant. The scanned copy should not be blurred.
2. Your visa copy should be clear with all details. It should be in PDF format. The maximum size of the PDF should be 1 MB.
3. Photo Requirements:
The foreigner would be intimated to deposit the requisite fee, if any, for the service.
The fee has to be deposited online through the Bank Payment gateway available on the portal.
The amount of fee would be intimated through email/SMS/portal alerts.
Important points to remember
The visa extension/exit permit only can be granted by the Government of India at present scheme now permitted until May 17, 2020 as GRATIS EXIT.
Here are some following steps to extend India visa
1. You will need to visit the e-FRRO website. Click here
2. If you have already registered and you have login details, Then you can do simple login with your login details.
3. If you have not yet registered. First, you have to register with e-FRRO. for the register you have to fill some personal details. Valid Email ID and Mobile Number are mandatorily required for obtaining the One Time Password (OTP). After filling all the details, you will click on the submit button.
4. You will receive an OTP on your Email/Phone for the user activation at e-FRRO. The OTP is valid for 60 minutes only. Put the OTP and click on the submit button. you will register successfully.
Once a user-id/password is successfully created, the foreign national can submit an online application by selecting the appropriate service and uploading the requisite documents.
5. If the application is successfully submitted, the application will be examined by the visa authorities. On checking, the necessary instructions regarding the application i.e. fee payment, improvement of selected/desired service, re-uploading of documents, etc. will be communicated to the foreigner through email / SMS alert.
6. In addition, the applicant can track the status of the application with the portal. For any clarification, FRRO support centers may be contacted.
7. When your visa has been rejected/granted. His/her RC/RP etc. will be sent through the email given in the visa application. Or it can also be downloaded from the portal by signing in.
8. The foreigner can approach the concerned Civil Authority i.e. FRRO/FRO office directly in case of exigency/emergency. Upon satisfaction of the case, the services can also be granted directly at the FRRO/FRO level. Make sure that services granted are electronic and not manual. You may face hurdles at the Immigration Check Posts in case of manual services.
Applicants are advised to apply at least 2 weeks in advance.
Note:- As these rules may change at short notice, this information should be used as a guideline only. Passengers should refer to the latest information published by the government of their destination or home country.
Extension of visa after May 17, 2020 ( After GRATIS EXIT period)
After May 17, 20202 all international travel may have to apply in a regular way ( as the GRATIS scheme ended on 17 May ) and pay requisite fees if they want to extend their stay.
All travelers who want to stay longer and are seeking an extension of visa beyond the stipulated period of May 17 will need to pay the requisite fee when they receive a message from Visa Extending Authority Government of India.
In case e-FRRO website and mobile app not working
If in any case website or mobile app not work or getting any problem other problems. May be some technical issue (as internet/system/server overload etc)
1. Please try to again fill in the electronic form on the e-FRRO website to request the extension of my Indian e-visa.
2. Or contact the FRRO support centers, and they will help you to extend visa.
FRRO Support Centres
They may contact the nearest FRRO/FRO through the e-FRRO module for extension/ conversion etc. of their visa or grant of any consular service. https://indianfrro.gov.in/frro/
For an appointment, contact respective FRRO Support Centres as given below:
Fax No. 080-22218196
Fax No. 0471-2333514, 2573514
Note: To stop the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak the foreigners are only allowed to visit the FRRO Office for OCI/Registrations with prior appointment.
As these below categories visas will get extended on this scheme from the e-FRRO website or mobile.
a. 05 years e-Tourist Visa / Indian 05 years ( 60 months ) e-TV multiples entries
b. 01 years e-Tourist Visa / Indian 1 years ( 12 months ) e-TV multiples entries
These limited to “Not exceed continue to stay in India for 90 days / 180 days”
c. 30 days e-Tourist Visa / Indian One Month ( 30 Days ) e-TV double entries
These limited to “Not exceed continue to stay in India for 30 days”
Also Indian e-Conference Visa, Indian e-Medical Visa, Indian e-Business Visa, Indian e-Medical Attendant Visa